Our Admission Policy
Our admission requirements for international students include:
- Students must be at least 17 years old and finish high school by the first day of class
- Students must have medical insurance while studying in Canada
- Students must be able to read and write in their native language
- Students must take the CCI-LEX Placement Test to determine their level
Our Academic Standing and Dispute Policies
All students must follow CCI-LEX Policies and Procedures and maintain good academic standing with the school.
CCI-LEX reserves the right to dismiss students that cannot maintain academic standing or abide by school policies or procedures.
For more information, visit these helpful resources:
Our Medical Insurance Policy
Health insurance is incredibly important for everyone to have when living or staying in a foreign country. All international students at CCI-LEX must have medical or health insurance.
The CCI-LEX Medical Insurance Policy provides information on the Alberta Health Care Insurance Program:
Please also visit the Alberta Health website for more information:
Our Refund and Withdrawal Policy
Individuals applying for a Study Permit with CCI-LEX are required to pre-pay for one full-term of Full-Time Intensive ESL.
CCI-LEX will provide a refund only in situations where the Study Permit is denied.
The refund will be based on net funds received, less the non-refundable application fee ($250) and a $150 administrative fee, and less all bank transfer charges or any additional fees incurred by CCI-LEX, such as postage or for providing replacement documents.
To receive a refund, CCI-LEX must be notified in writing of a visa denial before the program start date. A copy of the Official Notification of Denial letter from Immigration must be provided to CCI-LEX at that time. A refund will not be issued if CCI-LEX receives notification of the visa denial on or after the program start date.
Individuals that pay for a full-term may withdraw from their class and receive a refund.
There are two deadlines to withdraw.
- Before class starts: The application fee is non-refundable; Materials fee and class fee are refundable, less a $150 administration fee.
- Within the first two weeks of class: The application fee, materials fee, and two weeks of class fees are non-refundable; The remaining class fee is refundable, less a $50 administration fee.
Students must contact the office and submit a completed request form before the deadline. Student attendance is not a factor.
After the first two weeks of classes, there are no refunds.
In cases where CCI-LEX cancels a class:
- If the class is cancelled prior to the start date, the student will be entitled to a full refund.
- If the class is cancelled after commencement, the student will be entitled to a full refund, less registration and materials fees, and less the cost of classes that have already occurred.
Security of Student Records & Information
CCI-LEX has policy and procedures in place to protect all student, staff, and volunteer information. We keep confidentiality of all private information seriously and abide by all relevant legislation.