At CCI-LEX, our mission is to promote personal growth for adults through English language instruction and the exchange of cultural knowledge.
So, how do we exchange cultural knowledge?
With fun and exciting events, of course!
By organizing a variety of extra learning opportunities, and social activities and events both at CCI-LEX and in and around Edmonton, we help our students learn more about our city, build friendships with their diverse classmates, and more fully experience Edmonton and Canadian culture. And many of these activities are low-cost or free!
Some of our most recent events include:
- Group volunteering activities in the community at organizations like Hope Mission and Mustard Seed
- Information sessions from local colleges or training programs
- Group trips to local sporting events such as hockey and soccer games
- Workshops and Guest Speakers on a variety of topics such as gardening, how to get a driver’s license, banking and taxes, writing resumes, and many more!
Edmonton is often called Festival City, and it’s no wonder! Travellers come from all around the world to experience some of our most popular events.
These events include:
Travel through Alberta
While Edmonton is a beautiful and vibrant city, it’s not the only exciting spot to see in Alberta. In Edmonton, we are fortunate to be close enough to some of Canada’s most beautiful attractions.
If you’re looking for somewhere to travel to over the weekend, why not try one of these wonderful destinations?
- See the rocky mountains or soak in an outdoor hot spring in Banff or Jasper
- Experience a live rodeo in Calgary at the Calgary Stampede
- Go on an exhilarating outdoor adventure in Nordegg
- Visit the Alberta badlands in Drumheller to see beautiful, unique landscapes and our famous Dinosaur Museum
- Learn about many more exciting activities throughout Alberta