CCI-LEX is looking for a Curriculum Assistant from May to August! This position is funded by the Canada Summer Jobs grant, and applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 30, and a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
About The Position
Working under the direction of the LEX Program Team, the Curriculum Assistant will support the development and organization of lesson materials for The Learning Exchange (LEX) Program for both in-person and online learning needs.
- Revise and create PowerPoints for key lesson materials, including instructions for teachers
- Modify current quizzes and activities to be better suited for online delivery
- Test and pilot functionality for any online/digital activities; support volunteer instructors with
- Re-organize curriculum materials including scanning and filing
- Support lesson plan development as directed
- Help create and/or implement activities to build digital literacy for students
- Excellent computer/technology skills, especially with PPT
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Proven organizational skills; attention to detail
- Education/Experience in education, adult education, and/or TESL is preferred
Requirements: 18-30 years of age; legally entitled to work in Canada (international students ineligible)
Terms of Employment: $18.50/hour; 35h/wk; ~May 16-September 2; On-site work required
Deadline to Apply: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 11:59pm. Submit resume and cover letter to Sheida Azimi at
CCI-LEX welcomes applications from new immigrants and refugees, as well as applications from youth for whom this would be their first job experience. We value diversity and encourage applications from women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, LGBTQ+, and people of Indigenous descent.
We thank all candidates for applying, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.